Did you set some lofty goals for yourself for the New Year? It’s never too late to get started on a better you – let’s make 2016 the year of renewal. Here are 6 simple ways to improve your overall well-being:
1. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Keeping hydrated not only keeps you healthy, but it keeps your skin looking good. Drink 8 glasses of water a day to keep aging skin away. Bottoms up!
2. Be nice. Practice random acts of kindness: make someone laugh, give a compliment, volunteer for a non-profit, buy a coffee for the person behind you in line. Being kind is a wonderful way to spread positive energy to others. And who doesn’t want good karma?
3. Make your bed. This might sound silly but just do it, and see how it sets the tone for your day. It’d make your mom proud, too.
4. Take a breather. After you make your bed, give yourself some time for meditation – it reduces stress and increases self-awareness. Whether it’s 5 minutes or 45 minutes of sitting and breathing deeply, you’ll thank yourself later.
5. Keep in touch. It’s good for your health to reconnect with friends and family that have fallen off your radar. People with strong social ties are said to live longer than those who don’t. Who you gonna call?
6. Do it every night. Washing your face, that is. Making this part of your nightly ritual not only washes away the bad stuff, but it lets the good stuff in. Give your skin the ability to renew itself while you sleep.
Happy New Year, and happy new you! You’ve got this.